Country’s first National Scholarship Portal Mobile App Launched
Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on 14th September launched the country’s first National Scholarship Portal Mobile App in New Delhi.
National Scholarship portal
National Scholarships Portal is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
Aim of the portal
The aim of Portal is to ensure smooth, accessible and hassle-free scholarship system for students belonging to poor and weaker sections.
Objectives of the portal
This portal will prove beneficial for students and will help in strengthening a transparent mechanism for the scholarships.
Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments Create a transparent database of scholars
Avoid duplication in processing Harmonisation of different Scholarships schemes & norms Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
Benefits of the portal
- All scholarships information available under one umbrella.
- Single integrated application for all scholarships
- System suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible.
- Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
- Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level .
- Scholarships processing
- Serves as a decision support system (DSS) for Ministries and departments as up-to date information will be available on demand.
- Comprehensive MIS System to facilitate monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery of funds
During the last four years, about three crore students belonging to poor and weaker sections of minorities have been benefited from various scholarship programmes.
The beneficiaries include about one crore 63 lakh girls.